Outpatient Center - St. Mary
3701 Highway 73 at 9th Ave.
Port Arthur, Texas 77642
CHRISTUS Outpatient Center (OPC) is conveniently located on 18 acres along Highway 73 in Port Arthur, Texas. A multipurpose facility, the 30,000-square-foot center provides advanced diagnostic imaging services, physical rehabilitation, laboratory services, and diabetes education under one roof. Additionally, the Uniformed Services Family Health Plan pharmacy and administrative office is housed at the facility.
Designed with comfort and convenience in mind, the CHRISTUS OPC in Port Arthur is a single-story building with ample free parking at every door. A central, open-concept waiting area offers quick access to the programs and services we provide. Our pleasant, comfortable surroundings enhance the friendly atmosphere.
With a wide variety of services offered at the CHRISTUS Outpatient Center, you can easily have diagnostic testing, treatment, or physical rehabilitation-all under one roof.
The OPC is an example of CHRISTUS Hospital-St. Mary's commitment to provide our community with more than just health care. We strive to provide an excellent health care experience.
Hours: Monday-Friday | 6:30 am to 5:00 pm
To ensure that our patients receive quality medical care, we maintain the highest national standards for diagnostic imaging. Our imaging suite is equipped with some of the most advanced equipment available and our registered radiologic technologists have years of training and experience in the field of imaging. Highly skilled radiologists also provide professional interpretations in this area. Imaging services at the CHRISTUS Outpatient Center include:
- Bone Density Testing
- Breast Studies
- Screening Mammography, Breast Ultrasound
- Computed Tomography (CT): Abdomen, Aorta, Brain, Chest, Extremities, Facial Bones, Kidneys, Liver, Orbits, Pelvis, Scanogram, Sella/Pituitary, Sinuses, Spine (3D reconstruction), TMJ.
- Nuclear Medicine: Bone (whole body & three phase), Brain, Cardiac, Gallium, Gastric Emptying & Reflux, Hepatobiliary (HIDA), Indium, Lung, Liver/Spleen, Miraluma (Breast), Myocardial Stress, Renal, Spect Imaging, Therapy (Hyperthyroid & Thyroid Ablation), Thyroid Uptake
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): Abdomen, Arthrography, Breast, Brain, Extremities, MRCP, Pelvic, Renal, Sella/Pituitary, Spine (3D reconstruction), TMJ, Vascular/Cardiac Studies
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA): Abdomen, Carotids, Chest (PE), Extremities, Head, Pelvis, Renal, Runoffs
- Ultrasound: Abdomen (single organ), Abdomen (complete), Cyst Aspiration, Breast, Carotid Doppler, Guided Biopsy, Hysterosonogram, Obstetrical, Pelvic, Pelvic with Trans-vaginal, Prostate, Thyroid, Testicular, Venous Doppler
- X-Ray & Fluoroscopy: Routine x-ray, Upper Gastrointestinal (UGI), Small Bowel (SB), Barium Swallow (BS), Barium Enema (BE) Voiding Cystourethrogram (VCUG), Intravenous Pyelogram (IVP), Tomography
Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
When injury or illness affects an individual's ability to perform job duties or daily routines, physical rehabilitation services at the CHRISTUS Outpatient Center can help.
Our licensed physical and occupational therapists work to increase function and mobility for individuals who have experienced back injury, joint replacement, disabling injury or illness, including heart attack or stroke. Additionally, therapists develop treatment programs for chronic pain and wound care patients, including diabetic wounds, by utilizing advanced hydrotherapy techniques. From inpatient treatment to outpatient therapy, the rehabilitation team works with each patient and their physician to provide a continuum of care.
Together, our team creates a personal program appropriate for each stage of recovery. Patients progress through graduated programs to regain strength and muscle tone, and build cardiovascular endurance.
Our goal is to provide programs and emotional support to help patients return to their everyday activities as soon as possible.
Our physical medicine and rehabilitation services are comprised of:
• Physical & Occupational Therapy
• Speech and Language Pathology (this service is located at the hospital)
• Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
• Functional mobility training
• Activities of daily living training
• Cognitive and communication training
• Progressive exercise
• Post-surgical therapy including hand, back and neck injury management
• Sports injury prevention
• Work injury prevention
Hours: 6:30 am to 5:00 pm
The staff in our laboratory provides patients with friendly, prompt, personal attention. Our close proximity to our Physician Office complex means your physician-ordered tests will be performed efficiently and quickly without having to drive long distances.
With computerized speed and accuracy, a full range of analytical blood testing, including general and therapeutic blood levels, and comprehensive urinalyses are performed at the OPC lab in Port Arthur.
You may also request a copy of your lab results by signing a release form available at the OPC lobby information desk or at the reception desk at St. Mary's main hospital on Gates Boulevard.
To help us serve you efficiently, here are some helpful tips concerning insurance billing and direct payment for laboratory testing:
Before your visit, please check with your health plan to confirm that your insurance will cover the work performed at the OPC lab and if there are any restrictions on lab services.
If you do not have insurance, you will be asked to pay at the time of service. We accept personal checks and all major credit cards for your convenience.
Some tests ordered by your physician may require professional interpretation by a pathologist. Our walk-in labs contract with Port Arthur Pathologists for this service. As an independent provider, this group will bill you or your insurance company separately if their services are required.
The OPC lab is a division of Laboratory Services at CHRISTUS Hospital-St. Mary. The Laboratory Services department is accredited by the College of American Pathologists.
Diabetes is a progressive disease that can lead to serious health problems. Although you cannot prevent diabetes, you can lower your risk of developing complications from the disease by making healthy lifestyle choices.
To help you learn to make the right choices, Diabetes Education at CHRISTUS Outpatient Center provides a comprehensive Diabetes Management Program. The CHRISTUS Hospital-St. Elizabeth and St. Mary Diabetes Lifestyle Program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association and is the only program in the area that is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Disease Specific Care Certified Program.
Our dedicated Diabetes Education staff, which includes a certified diabetes educator, nurses, and dietitians, provides counseling and educational programs to both patients and their families.
Enrollment in our Diabetes Management Program requires a physician referral and the cost of the program is covered by most insurance plans.
Upon enrollment, our diabetes educator makes a thorough, one-on-one assessment to assist in setting personal diabetes management goals for each patient. It's just part of our comprehensive plan to help those with diabetes live an active and productive life.
If you or someone you love has diabetes, call the CHRISTUS Diabetes Education department to find out how we can help. Find class information and schedules here or call 409.989.5224.
Convenient, free parking is available at all CHRISTUS Hospital-St. Elizabeth and St. Mary locations, and complimentary valet parking is available at St. Elizabeth's main entrance.